The South African No Torture Consortium (SANToC) is a community of organizations contributing to initiatives for the prohibition and prevention of torture and the rehabilitation of torture survivors. SANToC does this by co-ordinating and facilitating:
- The expression of a collective advocacy voice
- Capacity development
- Knowledge generation, sharing and dissemination
- Critical analysis and learning.
SANToC is a national network consisting of the following five non-governmental organisations that all provide psychosocial rehabilitation services to torture victims as part of their work:
- Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation
- Institute for the Healing of Memories
- Khulumani Support Group
- Solidarity Peace Trust
- Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture
The SANToC co-ordinator, Megan Bantjes can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 011 403 5102/3
SANToC is currently housed at the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation in Braamfontein Centre, Johannesburg.